Limb difference and rare disease news from this week - check out our round up!
Thanks to everyone this week who supported our launch, especially Ingrid at Kunstarmblog, Gary at Reach and most importantly Rob Pleticha and Denis Costello at RareConnect.
Each week, we're going to curate the best articles and blogs about limb differences, disability and research and bring them to you in a digest. It's so easy to miss interesting stories in our busy lives, so we hope to bring you up to date!
- MarketWatch: NORD Calls Senate Bill Most Important Since Orphan Drug Act
- Sunbury Leader: Woodend Thalidomide survivor faces new setback from Sunbury Leader in Australia
- The Citizen Online - Disability Update
- OrphaNews Europe: The newsletter of the European Union Committee of Experts on Rare Diseases
- Express.co.uk: We must keep fighting against rare diseases
- Living One Handed Blog: I'm A Congenital Amputee, Too: A really interesting post from @LivingOneHanded about the ihand ow.ly/b7xRN
- Harvinaiset: RareConnect Satellite Workshop on social media - review in Finnish
- Informa Healthcare: Prosthesis rejection in acquired major upper-limb amputees
- BBC News - Fashion label caters for disabled women
- DysNet: Blogpost by DysNet chairman, Geoff Adams-Spink, making special mention of the wonderful Thalidomider artist, Sabine Becker who recently suffered a stroke..
- YouTube: DysNet Limb Difference Network: a video
- KunstArm weblog: Kunstenares met 1 hand - Anna Dougherty, the artist blog in Dutch and English
- Mummiefun: Poland Syndrome Awareness
- Special Needs Jungle: Launching DysNet - and how the right education helped one man make a difference, despite disability
- Daily Mail: Why are doctors still not warning about the 'new Thalidomide'?
- BBC: One-armed golf champion encourages inclusion in the sport disability
- Informa Healthcare: Lower-limb prosthetic technologies in the developing world: A review of literature from 1994-2010
If you have a site, article or blog about limb differences, prosthetics, accessibility or any related subject, send your link to email@example.com and we'll add you to our list of sources!
Tags: limb difference dysmelia dysnet rare connct EURORDIS rare diseases News News News