Aims and Objectives
EDRIC's core project for 2012-2017 is the development of a highly innovative, three-level peer-expert reference network architecture to support a patient benefit value chain.
The first step was the launch of the Dysmelia Network (DysNet) - a peer-support community - which went live in 2012; an online repository for information about dysmelia - the Dysmelia Knowledge Base (DKB) - was launched at the same time.
The next step is the creation of the Dysmelia Expert Forum (DEF) - an expert network - to be launched in 2014 and fully implemented in 2015; following this, a rare disease European reference network (DysERN) for birth defects and limb deficiency conditions which is scheduled for 2015-2017.
The DysNet and DEF projects are a way to share and preserve the knowledge that people living with dysmelia have gained over the years, that has enabled them not only to lead independent lives but, in many cases, to achieve things that most non-disabled people would find difficult.
The supporting activities of patient benefit value chains are centred upon DysNet and DEF: this involves peer-support, information exchange, networking, communication, identification of unmet needs, R&D, and ongoing quality management.
Most Recent Posts
15 Most Recent Posts
- DEF Press Release - EN
- DEF Press Release - SE
- Teneriffa - Ferien mit meiner erweiterten weltweit verteilten Familie
- One-handed pianist Nicholas McCarthy releases debut album with Warner
- Tenerife - A Holiday with my Extended Global Family
- Portal multilingüe para ayudar a los padres de los niños que nacen con dismetría lanzado
- Multilinguales Portal zur Unterstützung von Eltern von Kindern mit Gliedmaßen -Unterschieden
- Lanciato un Portale Multi-lingue per aiutare i genitori di figli nati con malformazioni agli arti
- Portail multilingue lancé pour aider les parents d'enfants nés avec une différence de membres
- Multi-Lingual Portal Launched to Help Parents of Children Born With Limb Difference
- Have Fun and Stay Safe
- The Aquarius Porta-Bidet is now shipping - sponsored blogpost
- The OHMI Trust - removing barriers to participation in the world of music
- Limbs 4 Life Launches New Portal for Parents
- The Age of Aquarius is at Hand