Aims and Objectives
EDRIC's core project for 2012-2017 is the development of a highly innovative, three-level peer-expert reference network architecture to support a patient benefit value chain.
The first step was the launch of the Dysmelia Network (DysNet) - a peer-support community - which went live in 2012; an online repository for information about dysmelia - the Dysmelia Knowledge Base (DKB) - was launched at the same time.
The next step is the creation of the Dysmelia Expert Forum (DEF) - an expert network - to be launched in 2014 and fully implemented in 2015; following this, a rare disease European reference network (DysERN) for birth defects and limb deficiency conditions which is scheduled for 2015-2017.
The DysNet and DEF projects are a way to share and preserve the knowledge that people living with dysmelia have gained over the years, that has enabled them not only to lead independent lives but, in many cases, to achieve things that most non-disabled people would find difficult.
The supporting activities of patient benefit value chains are centred upon DysNet and DEF: this involves peer-support, information exchange, networking, communication, identification of unmet needs, R&D, and ongoing quality management.
Most Recent Posts
15 Most Recent Posts
- Lanciata una nuova campagna in favore dei genitori di figli nati con malformazioni agli arti
- Kampagne gestartet: Hilfe für Eltern mit Gliedmaßen-Unterschieden
- Campaña lanzada para ayudar a padres de niños con diferencia de extremidades (Dismelia)
- Campagne lancée pour aider les parents d'enfants nés avec une différence de membres
- Campaign Launched to Help Parents of Children Born With Limb Difference
- DysNet Weekly 12th September
- DysNet Weekly 5th October
- DysNet Weekly 29th August
- DysNet Weekly 15th August
- Patient Story - Prosthetic Hand Now Part of My Body
- DysNet Weekly 9th August
- Kim - prosthetic hand for a congenital limb difference patient
- Staying Focussed - the Story of Elizabeth Wright’s Extraordinary Journey from Childhood to Paralympic Glory
- DysNet Weekly 25th July
- Ditch the Arm, Keep the Leg - the Inspiring Story of Elizabeth Wright