Anna Rogers Joins EDRIC Board
PRESS RELEASE - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
International Limb Difference Organisation Appoints Eighth Board Member
March 30 2015: EDRIC (European Dysmelia Reference Information Centre), an international disability organisation that helps people affected by congenital limb difference (known as dysmelia), has appointed a new board member, Anna Rogers from its member organisation, PIP UK.
Anna joins seven existing board members, two from the UK, one from Sweden, two from Italy, one from Germany and one from Austria.
Anna is already a trustee and digital manager for EDRIC member group PIP-UK which raises awareness and offers support to families and individuals who have Poland syndrome. She brings 15 years' of experience of working with online and digital technologies to the board. In earlier years Anna worked as a nurse in residential and hospital care.
EDRIC chairman, Geoff Adams-Spink, said: "We are so pleased to have Anna's knowledge and experience at our disposal. She played a crucial role in last year's crowdfunding campaign to support the parents of children with limb difference - 'What If? Your Baby Has a Limb Difference' - and we look forward to having her help with a whole range of new projects that we have on the go."
Anna has been co-opted as EDRIC's eighth board member - her appointment will be confirmed at the organisation's forthcoming AGM in April.
Commenting on her appointment, Anna said:
"I'm really excited about this new role - I'm hoping to make a huge difference to EDRIC which has grown rapidly over the last three years. There are already three member organisations representing those living with Poland syndrome among EDRIC's membership and I'm hoping to give PS a higher profile within EDRIC."
Notes for editors
- For more information or to arrange interviews in English or French, please contact Geoff Adams-Spink or call +44 7711898787
- The EDRIC/DysNet website is at www.dysnet.org. Twitter: @DysNet_org. Facebook: www.facebook.com/dysnet
- Dysmelia is the medical term for congenital limb deficiency. It covers a wide range of rare conditions
- EDRIC now has 29 member organisations in 20 countries - see the members' page for further details
- PIP UK provides support for people living with Poland syndrome in the UK
Tags: EDRIC PIP UK Poland Syndrome Dysmelia Limb Difference Press Release