Catch up on disability, rare disease and limb difference stories you may have missed
We've really enjoyed reading some great posts and articles this week about limb difference and have listed the best below in case you missed them. Ryan Haack over at Living One Handed is asking people to submit questions about raising a child with a limb difference to his own mother, see link below.
DysNet's also featured this week the Italian limb deficiency charity, Raggiungere - in both English and Italian. Would you or your organisation like to be featured on our site? If you have a great story or a great product that would interest people living with limb differences, do get in touch!
- Living One Handed Blog: Questions For My Mom about raising a child with a limb difference
- Allison Wetherbee: A post from Alison's Living Limbless site about using the word, limbless
- EURORDIS: Rare Disease organisation condemns the use of genetic testing to establish 'ethnic purity'
- BBC News: New app for children who are unable to speak
- International Disability Alliance: Yannis Vardakastanis, EDF President, is the new Chair of International Disability Alliance
- DysNet: Raggiungere: Associazione Italiana per bambini con malformazioni agli arti
- DysNet: Raggiungere - The Italian association for Limb Differences New article on the DysNet site
- NBC: Marine, Double Amputee to Climb Mount Kilimanjaro |
- NPR Blog: Phantom Finger Points To Secrets In The Human Brain A fascinating limb difference story. What's your opinion?
- TeenVogue: Dysmelic Paralympic Swimmer Jessica Long on Training for the London 2012 Olympics:
- Birth Abnormalities of the Hand Blog: Interesting article about Finger Lengthening for some limb difference conditions
Tags: limb difference amputee dysmelia rare diseases disability News