Limb Difference and Amputee news this week
At DysNet we're always striving to bring you the best of the weeks stories about limb difference, disability and rare diseases. This week's selection is as interesting as ever but if you know of a story we should feature, please get in touch.
- This is Tamworth: Thalidomide survivor Peter Williams wins compensation claims for disability discrimination and victimisation
- MSNBC: Double amputee soldier takes command of Fort Belvoir
- YouTube: MySpecialHand - Episode 8 - Playing the Drums at Rhythm Discovery
- Reach charity: Reach members carry the Olympic torch
- New Zealand Herald: Dysmelic champion athlete found dead after fall in Australia
- Irish Times via DysNet: The Dysmelic Doctor with a safety net for marginalised
- Disability and Health Journal: Training physicians about caring for persons with disabilities: "Nothing about us without us!"
- Tanzania Daily News: Disabled girl with 4-limb dysmelia illustrates today's big social challenge in Tanzania
- No Fibula, No Problem blog: 17 centimeters- great post
- BBC: Amputee candidate takes next step
- AFP: LimblessFrenchman swims from Africa to Asia
- Daily Mail: Walking tall: Little boy who lost legs to meningitis beams with pride as he tries out his birthday gift
Tags: limb difference dysmelia dysnet rare connct EURORDIS rare diseases News News News