Limb Difference news and rare disease articles this week
There's no doubt that social media and making connection online can lessen the sense of isolation felt by indiviiduals with rare diseases and conditions such as limb differences.
This week we've got a great selection of stories ranging from how to paint your nails one-handed and how to paint your prosthetic as well, both well worth a look, if only for the ingenuity involved.
We're really excited about how many people with limb differences are spreading awareness through social media, youtube and blogs.
If you have a site you'd like to share, just get in touch!
- Social Media Today: Socialmedia grows as force in healthcare
- OneArmGirl: I see people staring
- The Amputee Blog: Prosthetic art and my inspiration
- Allison Wetherbee (Four-limb dysmelic) My Definition of Swimming!
- KunstArm blog: How to paint your nails with one hand Nagels lakken met 1 hand - Dani
- DysNet: European Commission launches guidelines to protect the rights of persons with disabilities when travelling by plane...
- EURORDIS: New video playlist from the opening session of last months' EU conf. on RareDisease in Brussels.
- CBS News: Bionic men: Amputees say next-generation prosthetics respond like the real thing
- I.T can help: Free IT support for UK disabled people
- DysNet: If you're a limb difference org & wish to join our parent EDRIC, join our membership meeting in Malmo 28/29 Sept 2012.
- DysNet Pinterest: Paralympians with Limb Differences Check out out Pinterest board! Who else can we add?
- Herald Sun: Limbless man set for Africa to Asia swim as part of epic global challenge
- DysNet: Spotlight on: Pianist, Nicholas McCarthy
- Osservatorio Malattie Rare: Poland Syndrome, AISP inaugurated the new headquarters in Genoa
- Health Service Executive Website - Consultation on a National Rare Disease Plan for Ireland
- Hemaware: Tips for being safe when discussing personal health information online
Tags: limb difference dysmelia dysnet rare connct EURORDIS rare diseases News