Olympic inspiration and other unmissable limb loss and rare disease news
The Olympics are well underway and there are several athletes who have a limb difference competing in the main games.
As well as Oscar Pistorious, the Polish table tennis player Natalia Partyka made a great effort. Even the opening ceremony featured a solo by young Reach UK member, Humphrey Keeper.
This week we've also got news of a forthcoming Poland Syndrome documentary, some great blog posts and interesting research - take a look!
- The UK Limb Loss Information Centre: What if Oscar Pistorius actually won? a reblog from Huffington Post
- Allison Wetherbee: Living limbless: Benefits & Things You May Not Know
- Relaxed Mama: Life Changing Moments ..really good post about the moment of discovery of an unborn baby's limb difference
- Mail Online: Hollie Arnold, 17, born with one arm is poised to throw javelin at London 2012 Paralympics
- DysNet: Channel 4's trailer for the Paralympics - inspired filming
- Special Needs Jungle: Outstanding camp for kids with serious illness & the fab volunteers who make it happen by RareConnect's Rob Pleticha
- Disability Now: Seeing double a great story: two men, similar looks, similar limb difference-what are the odds?
- YouTube: Poland Syndrome Awareness Video
- BuzzFeed Sports: Meet Poland's One-Armed Olympic Table Tennis Player
- CBC News: Eye-tracker device could help disabled people 'write' with their eyes
- Born Just Right: Olympics opens with an angelic limb difference.
- Raggiungere: Humphrey Keeper canta durante la cerimonia di inaugurazione dei giochi olimpici
- DysNet: Sabine Becker - the cost of recovery
- Handelsblatt: Schadenersatzklagen: Contergan-Skandal kocht in Australien hoch
- Open Journal of Anaesthesiology: Anaesthetics and phocomelia
- Nine News Australia: Thalidomide animal tests 'no answer'
- Birth Abnormallity of the Hand: Symbrachydactyly Web Deepening
- Don't Hide It, Flaunt It: Great post from Meg Zucker: The Blade Runner
- PR Log: The Poland Syndrome Documentary Carries A Message Of Hope And Strength
Tags: limb difference Olympics amputee dysmelia rare diseases disability News