Paralympic profiles, painter patrons and Poland's progress
It's mostly about the Paralympics this week - and, I suspect, for the next few weeks as well but that's all to the good. Even if you're not the sporty type it is impossible not to be uplifted by the sheer dedication, will and guts shown by these athletes from across the globe to surmount challenges and rise to the top of their chosen sport.
DysNet has been highlighting some of the those athletes who have limb differences and there is one more post to come next week, so watch out for that.
In addition to the Paralympic posts we have some research, accessibility and news of our first patron, renowned mouth artist, Alison Lapper whom we are delighted to welcome on board.
- DysNet: Paralympians with a (limb) difference, Part 2 Who should be in part 3?
- Accessible Tourism: A link to accessible hotels in Greece
- Guardian: Paralympics 2012: national flames lit - in pictures
- Global Accessibility News: Heathrow airport improves accessibility for passengers with disabilities
- DysNet: Here come the Paralympians, part one - DysNet's paralympians with a (limb) difference
- BBC Sport: Hungarian table tennis paralympian Natalia Partyka ready for games after Olymppics
- Living One Handed: New post w/VIDEO! I ran into a van once. How To Use A Lawn Mower With One Hand
- DysNet: Artist Alison Lapper to become patron of DysNet's parent Limb Difference Organisation, EDRIC
- Clinical Cancer Investigation Journal: Poland syndrome and renal cell cancer. Free published research
- Poland Syndrome Documentary: New website for the Woody Bavota forthcoming documentary, My Plight, My Cause and My Documentary
- EPIPARE: Questions on Rare Disease patient registries for EPIRARE project. Nothing about patients without patients
- Associazione Italiana Sindrome di Poland: A lovely YouTube animation from the Italian poland Syndrome Association
- Guardian: This much I know: Oscar Pistorius
- Tisha Unarmed: How to make a sandwich without the use of arms - a brilliant YouTube video about not having arms from a very confident young lady.
- Guardian: Jody Cundy: the Paralympics veteran who switched from swimming to cycling
- Less is more blog: Pain in the pants - great post about trying on trousers with a lower limb difference from less is more
- Informa Healthcare: 'Don't you talk to your #prosthetist?' Communicational problems in the prescription of artificial limbs
Tags: paralympics limb difference amputee dysmelia disability News