Pistorious, payouts and great posts - our DysNet best of the week's news
It was a big week for Australian thalidomider, Lynny Rowe who has finally secured a multi-million Australian Dollar compensation payout from Diageo. Other groups of thalidomide survivors who are still awaiting settlements are hoping this will be a turning point for them too, so there eis much about this in the news this week.
Other stories include Oscar Pistorious's admission to the Olympics as well as the Paralympics, making history, and some great blogs from our friends in the US that are definitely worth reading.
School's out for most kids this weekend, so if you're off on your vacation, have fun!
- TVNZ: Landmark thalidomide payout offers hope for New Zealanders
- ABC News: One-Armed 10-Year-Old Wins El Paso Swimming Championship
- Medical News: Dad's Job Tied to Baby's Risk of Birth Defects
- Baseball Butterflies & Blessings: Dilemma of Batmoose & "Hand Germs"
- Harrogate-News: Leading Thalidomide campaigner calls for Government health grant to be made permanent
- SFGate: Disney must let disabled mom use Segway - Interesting ruling, bearing in mind recent complaints
- DysNet: Multi-million dollar compensation for Australian thalidomide survivor
- EURODIS: Read the latest EURORDIS eNews: Reporting side effects is now possible!
- Orthotics & ProstheticsArchaeologists discover oldest prosthetic leg
- Born Just Right: I'm running for Camp No Limits
- Different, not so much!: Push 'em ups!
- Irish Medical Times: Irish Thalidomide cases may yet end up in High Court
- DysNet: The EX-Center, Sweden's innovative rehab centre
- Don't Hide It, Flaunt It: 50 Shades of Pink - really sweet blog post from Meg Zucker
- Herald Sun: Lynny's house - a story that will warm your heart
- Check Orphan: Controlling Your Computer With Your Eyes
- Blackpool Gazette: 'Get a job' disabled amputee told
- CBS: Pistorius Bridges Gap Between Disabled And Able Athletes
- Star: Brave man climbs 5,000ft mountain despite having no legs
Tags: news round up DysNet thalidomide diageo EURORDIS News News News News