The DysNet Limb Difference Digest
The Paralympics may have gone out with a spectacular closing ceremony, but if you're still in the sporting mood, why not lend your support to the LimbPower Junior Games this weekend? See this post on DysNet last week for more information
This week's digest has our own exclusive feature by filmmaker, Woody Bavota, who is making a documentary about Poland Syndrome, some inspiring words about adopting the attitude of your child to your disability as your own, and a young dysmelic man who's made his family proud with a stunning golfing achievement.
Enjoy the stories and have a great weekend!
- DysNet: Poland Syndrome Documentary and Me, by Woody Bavota
- Informa Healthcare: Experiences of providing prosthetic and orthotic services in Sierra Leone - the local staff's perspective
- YouTube: Fabricant de prothèses pour sportif handicapé
- BandBack Together: The Beauty of Diagnosis - Up the phocomelia
- Reuters blog: Thalidomide's big lie overshadows corporate apology by Sir Harold Evans
- Meningitis Trust: Guest blog: my son, the Paralympian pt5
- LA Times: Triple amputee Marine gets keys to 'smart home' in Temecula
- Amputee Coalition: Amputee Coalition Issues White Paper Setting New Standard for LimbLoss Prevention and Care
- Daily Record: Dad taught Alasdair how to play with no fingers.. They shed tears as he won Open
- Living One Handed: We're All Living In A One Handed World
- Newsweek: The Nazis and Thalidomide: The Worst Drug Scandal of All Time from Newsweek and The Daily Beast
- Don't Hide it, Flaunt it: A lovely blog post from Meg Zucker - Following Her Lead
- The Independent: Will these Paralympics make a real difference?
- E-Include: European Yearbook of Disability Law published
- WHO Europe: 53 countries to set new European health roadmap for 2020 and beyond
- Journal of Hand Surgery: Some new research about Syndactyly, free abstract Complex Syndactyly: Aesthetic and Objective Outcomes
- BBC: Who is the fastest amputee sprinter in the world? Meet Great Britain's Jonnie Peacock
- YouTube: Poland Syndrome after surgery. skin graft, scars and sensations.
Tags: dysnet digest limb difference disability amputee paralympics News News